Announcing KofC College Scholarships for Spring of 2019
St. Mary of Sorrows Knights of Columbus Council #8600 is pleased to award in 2019 nine college scholarships of $1000 each. Applicants must be registered members of St. Mary of Sorrows Parish or St. Mary’s KofC Council 8600 or a son, daughter, grandchild, or spouse of a member of St. Mary’s KofC. Scholarships are to be used only for tuition at a post-secondary school educational institution.
In addition, the Kelly Elizabeth Baker Memorial (KEBM) scholarship foundation has matched funds with KofC Council 8600 for a single award of $1500. For this KofC-KEBM scholarship, in addition to meeting the above criteria, applicants must be graduating high school seniors.
- Link to KofC Council 8600 and Kelly Elizabeth Baker Memorial Scholarship Application Forms (Google doc):
Applications and grade transcripts must be received not later than May 1st, 2019 to be considered. To apply, just go to the application’s Google doc via the link found at the KofC8600.org website under Scholarships. Then “make a copy” for your own use in Google docs or “download as” Microsoft Word doc onto your drive. Type in all information, then print and mail to:
Knights of Columbus Council 8600
℅ Kurt C. Meinsen, PGK
P.O. Box 339
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
In addition to the St. Mary's Council's scholarships per se, we are now providing students with centralized access to two more related and reputable sources of college scholarships:
- Link to State of Virginia KofC Scholarship Application Form - This scholarship is named the "Father Bader Memorial" Note: this deadline is March 31st:
- Applicant information https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ogV84eHKAFUzhNRFBQZnhoMlY1WWQxX1hlWnh1aW9tTUFn/view?usp=sharing
- High school certification: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ogV84eHKAFdFU2MmtodUtWRDlNWmFtd0hjU2p0c2Q3UENR/view?usp=sharing
- Membership certification https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ogV84eHKAFeXBIOVVxcWVqRFZKcExmT29QakU3NFdNN0d3/view?usp=sharing
Link to Ancient Order of Hibernians Scholarship Application Form - This scholarship is named the "John F. Devaney, Sr. Memorial":
Students: Any general questions about the KofC college scholarship program may be directed to the contacts found on the linked documents above, to any KofC Council officer you see at church on Sundays, or to Kurt Meinsen (9:00 Mass), the Council’s Scholarships Chairman (firstname.lastname@example.org).